Evan Prince won the individual race, and Laurens’ boys’ cross country team finished second to Dixie High School on Tuesday at home.
Every varsity football team in Laurens County enters the weekend feeling as if it has something to prove, a bar to cross and a form to mold.
Another confirmed case of West Nile Virus has been found in Laurens County, and the Emergency Management Director, Joey Avery, has again ordered precautionary mosquito spraying at the recommendation of the S.C. Department of Health and Environmental Control.
After just his first semester studying at Piedmont Technical College (PTC) in Greenwood, Austin Morris began working as an apprentice at Burnstein von Seelen Precision Castings in Abbeville while continuing to work toward his machine tool technology degree at PTC. It was a bit of a risk in t…
Destruction and delay stemming from Hurricane Florence has led the S.C. High School League to extend football season for the third time in four years.
Eighth Circuit Solicitor David M. Stumbo and Laurens County Sheriff Don Reynolds announced Tuesday morning that the State has served formal notice that it intends to seek the death penalty against William Ryan Looper for the murder of 2-year-old Brantley Justin Smith.
The Presbyterian College football team has added a game to its 2018 schedule as the Blue Hose will welcome in Lindsey Wilson College on Thursday, Sept. 27, at Bailey Memorial Stadium.
Monday, Sept. 17 – volleyball – Sanders at Laurens Middle, 5; Anderson Christian at Laurens Academy, 5; Clinton Middle at Hickory Tavern, 5; tennis – Laurens at Hillcrest, 5; golf – Laurens at Lady Eagle Invitational (Greenwood, Stony Point), 12:30 p.m.; women’s golf, PC at Lady Pirate Inter…
Both Laurens County public school districts, 55 and 56, are back to regular schedules after the remnants of Hurricane Florence passed through the area on Sunday.
The Laurens County Touchdown Club, which meets every other week at The Ridge at Laurens, Friday at noon, is off this week, and given the weather forecast, it’s not a bad week for a break.
A detention officer at the Laurens County Sheriff’s Office has been charged with domestic violence, second degree, and kidnapping.
Due to Hurricane Florence and the unknown weather conditions it may bring to the Upstate of South Carolina, the Seventh Annual Roger Rice Memorial Ride, scheduled for Sunday, has been postponed until Sunday, Sept. 23.
- Raider Rundown: Prince takes first in another cross country meet
- District 55 board candidates make their case to the Tea Party
- Laurens County Football Preview: Raiders venture across the lake
- Laurens Academy grad admitted into Clemson's Lyceum Scholars Program
- Arrest Report for September 20
- Laurens firefighter talks diesel repair at LMS
- Pam Stone: Stalking Carl, Part Deux
- Arrest Report for September 19
- Looper to face death penalty in murder case involving 2-year-old Clinton child
- Arrest Report for September 18
- Arrest Report for September 15
- Arrest Report for September 16
- Arrest Report for September 14
- Arrest Report for September 17
- Arrest Report for September 19
- Second case of West Nile Virus found in northern part of Laurens County
- Suspects sought in Hickory Tavern break-ins
- Law enforcement seeking car theft suspects