It’s a leap of faith and an echo of Field of Dreams: “If you build it, they will come.”
The Clinton Family YMCA Dixie Youth All-Stars begin post-season play on Friday for the 7-8 year-old Machine Pitch Tournament, the 9-10 Dixie Minors Tournament and the 11-12 ‘O’ Zone Tournament.
The trappings of major-college football are quite the rush for high school kids who dream of competing one day in the rarefied air of the sport.
Presbyterian College right-handed pitcher Tanner Chock is headed to play professional baseball after signing a free agent contract with the Los Angeles Angels on Friday.
More than 600 students from across South Carolina are spending the week (June 10-16) at Presbyterian College for the 72nd annual session of Palmetto Girls State.
Jeffrey Carroll, who lives in Gray Court but is Director of Emergency Services in Spartanburg County, is about to be the District 5 representative on Laurens County Council.
In anticipation of securing financing to construct new student housing, PC recently began the site preparation work necessary to allow construction of new housing for seniors on the site of Old Bailey Stadium.
The Clinton-Laurens-Newberry Tennis Association welcomed 26 participants at the 7th Annual Mac Harrison Memorial Round Robin Doubles Tournament on Sunday, June 3, at the Oakland Park Tennis Center in Newberry.
Three students from Laurens County—Sarah Anna Cathcart, Jeremiah Lee Dickson, and Nathan Craig Vondergeest—were among the 106 who graduated from the South Carolina Governor's School for the Arts and Humanities, a public, residential high school for the arts in Greenville.
Presbyterian College and Athletic Director Danny Sterling announced Monday the addition of David Williams as the new softball head coach. He will start immediately, becoming the ninth coach in PC’s softball history.
Laurens County residents are invited to Candidates, Coffee & Conversation, a chance to meet with Republican candidates before the June 12 primary.
Presbyterian College and head men’s basketball head coach Dustin Kerns announced the signing of forward Cory Hightower, Jr. (Norcross, Ga.) to play for the Blue Hose in the fall of 2018.
District 14 State Rep. Mike Pitts said the meeting he put together for Thursday at The Ridge was not about school district consolidation.
In an effort to control mosquitoes, the Clinton Department of Public Works will conduct a city-wide mosquito spraying in the early morning hours of Monday, June 11 and Tuesday, June 12.
Sara Olivia Stephens and Elizabeth Childress, 2018 graduates of Clinton High School, have been awarded the prestigious South Carolina Teaching Fellowship.
- Arrest Report for June 18
- Clinton breaks ground on new spec building
- LCSO investigating roadside death
- Racing Report: Dale and Larry Timms win at Laurens County Speedway
- Clinton YMCA Dixie Youth baseball teams head into district play
- Roundabout being proposed for Hwy. 76 West intersection
- Henry takes top honors after second round of Laurens Sings
- Students making a splash in Laurens District 55
- Arrest Report for June 13
- VIDEO: Top 12 perform in second round of Laurens Sings
- Ft. Inn woman charged with felony DUI after Laurens man dies in fatal collision
- New barbecue restaurant coming to downtown Laurens
- Arrest Report for June 15
- Arrest Report for June 12
- Arrest Report for June 16
- Arrest Report for June 14
- Arrest Report for June 17
- Two new faces coming to Laurens County Council