According to the Laurens County Sheriff’s Office, a woman is in custody at WalMart Distribution Center after a shooting early Sunday afternoon.

A man was shot in the leg inside the center, off I-385 outside Laurens, but the man’s identity has not been revealed. According to Sheriff Don Reynolds, his injuries were not serious, though he was transported to the hospital for treatment.

A Greenwood woman, Deborah Anderson Morgan, 56, has been arrested and charged with several charges including assault and battery with intent to kill, violation of a protective order and weapons charges.

The shooting took place inside the distribution center after the man and the woman had begun fighting. The LCSO responded to what was reported as an active-shooter situation.

Upon arrival, the Shift Lieutenant located a victim in the warehouse with a gunshot wound. The lieutant was able to provide cover while co-workers got the victim out of the building.

As more officers arrived to provide cover, Emergency Medical Services responded and treated the victim, removing him from the scene.

Employees were able to relay quickly the suspect’s name and description to deputies, who then relayed this information to other responding units. Deputies found the suspect in a break room near the main entrance. She was taken into custody without further incident and was eventually transported to Johnson Detention Center and booked on charges.

This was a very dangerous situation,” the Sheriff said, “and there were a lot of employees in this facility, so we’re thankful that no one else was seriously injured by this woman’s reckless actions.”

Numerous law-enforcement personnel strategically cleared the building to make sure there were no other threats inside the facility and to located any employees who might still be inside.

The Newberry County Sheriff’s Office, S.C. Highway Patrol, S.C. Department of Natural Resources, and Clinton and Laurens city police participated in keeping the crime scene under control and processing the scene.

I want to thank all the law-enforcement agencies that responded to assist us with this incident,” Reynolds added. “Obviously, it was a very large facility to clear and would have taken much longer if weren’t for these agencies’ assistance.”

Though still under investigation, it appears that the incident was isolated and between two people.