The City of Clinton and the City of Laurens will revise their garbage collection schedule for the week of Nov. 18, due to the observation of the Thanksgiving holiday on Thursday, Nov. 22.
No sooner is the belly full of Thanksgiving bounty than thoughts turn to Christmas: the birth of Christ, winter wonders, family fellowship, Santa Claus and decorating a tree.
Ramey Gray Jenkins of Laurens District High School has won a scholarship from the Better Business Bureau Education Foundation.
Hundreds gathered at the recent Upper Savannah Regional Job Fair at Piedmont Technical College in Greenwood represented all ages, shapes, colors and styles.
Laurens County Fire Station No. 30, a well-equipped, roomy facility on Thompson Road near Fountain Inn, opened officially via the dedication and open house route on Saturday, and the day, as well, as the brunch, came with all the fixings.
GREENWOOD — Hannah Courtney Wilson had never been in a pageant before, but that didn’t stop her from being named Miss Lander University 2018-2019, following this year’s pageant, held on Monday, Nov. 12, in the Josephine B. Abney Cultural Center Auditorium.
Thomas Mechanical Co. of Laurens has won a $1.2 million project from Laurens County to begin replacement of HVAC (heating, ventilation and air conditioning) in the Hillcrest Square Judicial and Services Center.
On Nov. 20, 1780, following a fierce battle late in the day, Gen. Thomas Sumter, leading around 1,000 Patriot militiamen, gave the feared Lt. Col. Banastre Tarleton, leading 270 British regulars, his first defeat during the Revolutionary War.
In 2016, Piedmont Technical College (PTC) announced plans to build the William H. “Billy” O’Dell Upstate Center for Manufacturing Excellence, so named in honor of the late, long-serving state senator from the Lakelands.
The Presbyterian College Chamber Orchestra Fall Concert, directed by Dr. Richard Thomas, will take place on Nov. 15 at 7:30 p.m. in Edmunds Hall on the PC campus.
The November meeting of the Laurens Commission of Public Works Board of Commissioners was a significant one, and it’s going to cost the customers some money.
- PC's Flagler scores 29 in losing cause at UCLA
- Raiders sweep past Georgia school in tournament opener
- Laurens Academy sweeps Wardlaw in home openers
- Comeback falls short for LDHS girls
- Balance defines Clinton girls in opening win
- Laurens, Clinton adjust garbage collection for Thanksgiving
- Red Devils hope to forge ahead with young team
- LMS benefits from Walmart's Miles for Education
- Arrest Report for November 14
- Arrest Report for November 15
- Arrest Report for November 17
- Arrest Report for November 13
- Arrest Report for November 16
- Arrest Report for November 18
- Truck driver killed in wreck near Clinton
- Arrest Report for November 19
- Arrest Report for November 12
- Laurens County Delinquent Tax Notice for Nov. 14