CLEMSON – The Presbyterian College women's tennis team split its opening pair of matches for the 2019 season on Sunday. The Blue Hose swept Lees-McRae in the later match, but were defeated by Clemson 4-1 earlier in the afternoon.
GREENVILLE – Laurens won four out of five matches over the weekend at the Red Raider Rumble, hosted by Greenville High School.
Adam Flagler scored 21 points to lead Presbyterian to its seventh men’s basketball victory in nine home games. The Blue Hose defeated Longwood 71-64 Saturday afternoon at Templeton Center.
GREENWOOD – Charlton McCall scored 18 points and Dawson Foster added 15 as Laurens Academy finished off a sweep of Greenwood Christian, 52-40, Friday night. The LA girls encountered little resistance from the Hawks, defeating them 42-10 behind 16 points from Blair Quarles and 15 from Ruthie Moore.
GREENWOOD – Blair Quarles scored 16 points and Ruthie Moore added 15 as Laurens Academy raced past Cambridge Academy 51-26 in girls’ basketball on Thursday night.
The Clinton Family YMCA is offering open registration for Youth Baseball and Girls’ Softball for numerous playing divisions through the Feb. 12 deadline.
Davon Bell scored 22 points, while Adam Flagler finished with 21, to lead the Presbyterian College men’s basketball team to an 85-70 win over Hampton in Big South action Wednesday evening at Templeton Center.
In the latest basketball rankings released on Tuesday by the S.C. Basketball Coaches Association, Clinton fell from second to eighth in the girls’ Class 3A rankings.
The Clinton Family YMCA is offering open registration for its Dixie Youth ‘O’ Zone League for 11- and 12-year old youth through the Feb. 12 deadline.
The Presbyterian College women’s basketball team rallied back from a double-digit deficit in the second half to take a late lead, but Gardner-Webb was able to hit timely threes and pick up a 66-58 win on Tuesday night at Templeton Center.
ANDERSON – In spite of 25 points from Laurens’ Christian Anderson and 20 from Dee Foster, T.L. Hanna defeated the Raiders 87-71 on Tuesday night. The Yellow Jackets also won the girls’ game by a score of 66-28.
Gregg Nibert, former men’s basketball coach at Presbyterian College, has been selected for inclusion in the Grove City (Ohio) High School Athletic Hall of Fame.
- PC women's tennis splits with Lees-McRae, Clemson
- City of Clinton to host public input session for recreation complex
- District 55 spotlight is on Bentley
- Arrest Report for January 20
- Letter to the Editor: Kelly running for Laurens City Council
- Laurens County Sports Schedule for January 20-27
- Raiders win four out of five matches in Greenville wrestling rumble
- Blue Hose win yet another at home, defeating Longwood
- New barbecue buffet opens in familiar spot
- Arrest Report for January 18
- Arrest Report for January 15
- Arrest Report for January 16
- Two perish in collision between car and moped near Clinton
- Arrest Report for January 17
- Arrest Report for January 14
- Lottery win spoils Clinton couple's dinner plans
- Arrest Report for January 19
- Traffic stop nets major drug arrest