Even with COVID-19 lingering around the world for 6 months, 2020 appears to be a respectable year for economic investments in Laurens County.
COLUMBIA, S.C. — Today, the South Carolina Department of Health and Environmental Control (DHEC) announced 740 new confirmed cases and 41 new probable cases of the novel coronavirus COVID-19, 27 additional confirmed deaths and 1 new probable death.
Instead of adopting a “regular” ordinance 6 months ago mandating masks in certain businesses - which would have required just 2 readings, a month apart, and a simple majority “yes” vote - Clinton City Council for the second time has not passed an “emergency” ordinance that requires a super-m…
The Laurens County Council has accepted the retirement of Library System Director Ann Szypulski after 12 years of service to the county.
After a Union County player tested positive for COVID-19, the Clinton Red Devils were forced to look for another opponent for their season opener.
Every season a special night rolls across the calendar, the annual Shrine Race. The Laurens County Speedway, the Darlington of Dirt, hosted the 39TH annual Shriners event sponsored by Great Southern Homes.
The Laurens County Touchdown Club is honoring one high school football player each week as the Laurens County Touchdown Club Player of the Week.
Self Regional Healthcare is providing a free COVID-19 mobile testing clinic on Wednesday, September 16 at Chestnut Ridge Baptist Church in Laurens from 8am-1pm.
In a letter and phone call on Monday afternoon, Laurens District 55 informed parents and guardians that they will transition to hybrid "yellow" phase instruction beginning Monday, Sept. 21.
To ensure that safety protocols mandated by the SCHSL are followed, Clinton High School and Clinton Middle School will limit attendance and have requirements in place for athletic events.
The Laurens County Touchdown Club will kick off the 2020 season with the head coach at LDHS, CHS and Laurens Academy as the featured speakers on Thursday, Sept. 24 at noon at The Ridge at Laurens.
The receiver that caught arguably the greatest touchdown pass in the history of the Laurens Raiders died on Sunday at the age of 46.
In support of the University’s continued enrollment growth, Lander University’s Department of History and Philosophy at Lander has introduced an emphasis in Public History to accompany its Bachelor of Science in History program.
- Arrest Report for September 17
- Despite COVID-19, local economic development on par with 2019
- DHEC reporting 740 new COVID-19 cases in SC, 11 new cases in Laurens County
- City of Clinton fails to adopt mask ordinance again
- Crusaders look to pick up second win against Cathedral Academy
- Szypulski to retire after 12 years with Laurens County Library
- Arrest Report for September 16
- Red Devils to now face Emerald in season opener
- Arrest Report for September 11
- Arrest Report for September 13
- Arrest Report for September 12
- Arrest Report for September 14
- Arrest Report for September 15
- Former Raider remembered as one of the greatest ever at LDHS
- Nearly two weeks after fatal shooting, man faces murder charge
- Arrest Report for September 16
- Arrest Report for September 10
- Arrest Report for September 9
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular videos.