Sunday, January 19
NEWBERRY – Caio Rita erupted for 24 points and Diamonte Grant added 14 as Laurens Academy defeated Faith Christian, 53-37, on Saturday in the SCISA Class A Shootout.
Campbell's Kianna Speight scored a game-high 24 points, aided by eight 3-pointers, to lead the Camels to a 53-47 win over the Presbyterian College women's basketball team on Saturday afternoon at Templeton Center.
GREENWOOD – Qua Fortson’s 19 points held the Laurens girls’ basketball team defeat Greenwood, 53-45, on Friday night, but the Greenwood boys returned the favor with a 66-59 decision over the Raiders.
Laurens Academy and Anderson Christian split varsity basketball games Friday night, with the Crusaders capturing the girls’ game, 40-27, and the Lions winning the boys’ game, 55-36.
The projected clash of the titans between the girls’ basketball teams of Clinton and Newberry fell some what short of expectations Friday night, and that was a good thing indeed for the Red Devils, who throttled the Bulldogs, 47-27.
FARMVILLE, Va. – Cory Hightower scored 16 points, grabbed eight rebounds and dished out six assists in Presbyterian’s 74-67 victoray at Longwood on Thursday night.
The Presbyterian College women's basketball team used a 7-0 run over the final 3:30 to secure a 56-53 Big South victory on Tuesday night over Gardner-Webb at Paul Porter Arena in Boiling Springs, N.C.
The Presbyterian College men's wrestling team, directed by Hall of Fame wrestling coach Mark Cody, will host its first home match on Wednesday, Jan. 15, at 6 p.m. The Blue Hose will face Truett McConnell University, a private school in Cleveland, Ga.
Presbyterian College’s first-year head coach, Quinton Ferrell, went up against Tubby Smith, a veteran of 28 years, and the Blue Hose dominated the second half against High Point, winning, 77-62, on Saturday afternoon at Templeton Center.
BATESBURG – Laurens Academy’s basketball program came home happy from a visit to W.W. King Academy Friday night. The girls’ team won by 40 (57-17) and the boys defeated the Knights, 50-42.
- GOP to host appearance by Congressman Duncan
- Arrest Report for January 19
- Laurens County Sports Schedule for January 19-26
- Pam Stone: Missing the forest for the trees
- Crusaders dominate second half for 10th win
- PC to hold MLK Day commemoration
- County's finances get an auditing thumb's up
- Radford ends PC's conference streak, 75-64
- Arrest Report for January 16
- Arrest Report for January 15
- Arrest Report for January 14
- Arrest Report for January 13
- Laurens woman dies in 2-car crash on S.C. 14
- Arrest Report for January 17
- Arrest Report for January 18
- 'Puppy mill' shut down in Ware Shoals
- QuikTrip to open Clinton location in spring 2021
- Two charged in Joanna home robbery
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular videos.