EASLEY – Rain got in the way of the Laurens Minors all-star team’s quest for the Little League District 3 championship, but perhaps the cloud had a silver lining.
The Presbyterian College Athletics Department announced the game times for the 2019 football season. The promotional schedule for the 2019 home games was also announced on Wednesday.
Mike Huey managed to turn back Tony Quarles’ best challenges to pick up the victory in the main event at Laurens County Speedway in Saturday night’s regular weekly program.
Allen Simmons, a former Clinton High and Furman University tennis standout, won the prestigious 2019 Atlanta City Open Southern Doubles Championship this past week in the “Open” Doubles division.
Building strong, successful athletes is very important in Laurens County School District 55 , as is developing character and improving educational outcomes. Laurens District High School promotes these traits through their athletic summer camps for youth in elementary and middle school.
Presbyterian College women’s basketball coach Alaura Sharp announced the promotion of Brooke Rhodes to the position of associate head coach on Monday.
Monday, June 17 – football – Laurens at FCA camp, Lenoir-Rhyne College, Hickory, N.C.; baseball – Laurens at Little League (9-10) district tournament, Easley.
After two weeks of practice, the Clinton High School boys’ basketball team began its “summer season” with what head coach Eddie Romines described as “two very competitive games” against Airport and Swansea in the Mid-Carolina Shootout in Prosperity on June 14.
Laurens Academy’s soon-to-be junior quarterback, Thomas Lowry, made the High School Sports Report’s football all-state team in the category of 8-man football.
The weather was cool and pleasant. Most of the fans wore T-shirts, old ones, because a dirt track is not a place for new clothes, especially white ones. Their heroes were not the ones who race on asphalt tracks on TV.
The Clinton Family YMCA begins post season play with its Dixie Youth Baseball All stars beginning play this Friday, June 14, for the 7-8 year old machine-pitch district tournament and play beginning June 21 for the 9-10 year old Dixie Minors and the 11-12 year old O Zone players.
Laurens District High School’s Cassie Plaia was selected as a 2018 S.C. Coaches Association of Women’s Sports Class 5A All-State softball player.
Tuesday, June 11 – football – Laurens at Belton-Honea Path 7-on-7 tournament, 8; auto racing – Shrine Race at Laurens County Speedway, 8 (gates open at 6).
Head men’s basketball head coach Quinton Ferrell announced the signing of guard Michael Isler (Albany, Ga.) and forward Luka Jaksic (Woodstock, Ga.) to join the Presbyterian Blue Hose in the fall.
The Rotary Club of Laurens proudly honored the Laurens Academy girls’ basketball team during the weekly Rotary Club meeting on Thursday, May 30.
The Laurens County Shrine Club is conducting its 38th Annual Shrine Stock Car Race on Tuesday night, June 11, at Laurens County Speedway, located at 435 Racetrack Road in Laurens.
- Laurens all-stars to resume rained-out contest in district Little League tourney
- PC announces start times for football schedule
- Huey wins caution-free feature at LCS
- No new taxes in Laurens ... but no pay raises, either
- Rawl, Wilson, Burns preparing for Miss SC, Miss SC Teen pageants
- Arrest Report for June 18
- Grant enables PC professor to continue breast cancer research
- Laurens Minors wins opener in Little League district play
- Laurens County deputy saved by his daughter in flash fire
- Arrest Report for June 14
- Arrest Report for June 13
- Arrest Report for June 16
- Arrest Report for June 12
- Arrest Report for June 15
- Arrest Report for June 17
- Arrest Report for June 18
- Burger King returning to Clinton
- Laurens' new Dollar General to hold Grand Opening on June 15
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular videos.