SUMTER – Laurens Academy punched its ticket for another SCISA Class A girls’ basketball final, and the Crusaders’ senior mainstay, Ruthie Moore, outscored the whole Cathedral Academy team on Thursday evening.
Laurens Academy takes its next step toward a repeat of the SCISA girls’ basketball state championship with its Class A semifinal matchup against Cathedral Academy on Thursday at 6 p.m. at Wilson Hall Academy in Sumter.
SPARTANBURG – Salina Virola recorded her seventh “double-double” of the season, leading Presbyterian College to a 66-58 victory over USC Upstate on Tuesday night at G.B. Hodge Center.
SUMTER – In their crusade for a second straight SCISA Class A championship, the Laurens Academy girls ran up against the school they defeated in the 2018 finals, Patrick Henry Academy of Estill.
Laurens finished 14th, scoring 71 points, in the Individual Class 5A Upper State Championship, hosted by the Raiders on Friday and Saturday.
The Presbyterian College baseball team split a Saturday twinbill with Alabama with a 4-1 victory before falling in the series finale 9-4 at Sewell-Thomas Stadium in Tuscaloosa.
Sunday, Feb. 17 – baseball – Presbyterian at Alabama, 2; softball – Presbyterian vs. Towson, Coastal Carolina tournament, 11:30 a.m.; tennis – Presbyterian women at Kennesaw State, 10 a.m.
Things got testy in the final moments, but Presbyterian managed to regroup and take a 76-71 Big South men’s basketball victory over Campbell on Saturday at Templeton Center.
Outplaying High Point in the second half wasn’t enough for the Presbyterian College women’s basketball team as the Panthers defeated the Blue Hose 70-63 on Saturday afternoon at Templeton Center.
COLUMBIA – Dorchester Academy slipped past the Laurens Academy boys by a score of 49-47 in the first round of the SCISA Class A playoffs on Saturday afternoon at Heathwood Hall Academy.
Tuscaloosa, Ala. – The Presbyterian College baseball team was unable to overcome an early deficit as Alabama picked up a 7-2 victory over Presbyterian on opening day at Sewell-Thomas Stadium on Friday night.
ANDERSON – On Tuesday, Hickory Tavern Middle School’s archery team finished second at the National Archery in the Schools Program (NASP) regional middle and high school competition.
Clinton will attempt to pull off another road upset as the Red Devils travel to Seneca for round two of the Class 3A boys’ basketball playoffs on Friday night.
- LA girls advance into SCISA finals with 51-22 win
- County's luminaries gather at PC for Chamber of Commerce annual dinner
- Clinton man arrested on domestic violence, assault charges
- Alumni Spotlight: Stephens teaches and coaches at LDHS
- Payne, Bates named all-region for Red Devils
- Three more Raiders announce college football plans
- Grammy-winning group to play Coltrane at Presbyterian College
- Laurens County Health Care Foundation announces new board leadership
- Arrest Report for February 15
- Arrest Report for February 19
- Arrest Report for February 16
- Arrest Report for February 18
- Arrest Report for February 20
- Arrest Report for February 17
- Plane dusts car near Clinton
- Students injured in District 56 bus crash near Mountville
- Arrest Report for February 14
- Jones, McDaniel win SC House 14 nominations
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular videos.