Laurens pulled off a sweep of Easley in junior varsity and C team basketball.
On Monday night, the Laurens Academy girls played a team made up of home-schooled players from Easley, aptly named Easley Home School. The Guardians (6-1) were no pushovers, and the Crusaders’ 55-37 victory was impressive.
HONEA PATH – The LDHS middle school and junior varsity wrestlers competed in the Area 1 Qualifier for the Carolina Invitational (the informal MS/JV state tournament) on Saturday at Belton-Honea Path High School.
After her senior year at Laurens District High School, Octavia Johnson wants to play softball some more. She also wants to study special education and become a teacher and coach.
Monday, Dec. 17 – basketball – Easley JV boys at Laurens, 7:45; Easley C boys at Laurens, 6:30; Easley JV girls at Laurens, 5:30; Palmetto Christian boys at Laurens Academy, 7:30; Southside at Laurens Academy girls, 6; Palmetto Christian JV girls at Laurens Academy, 5; Palmetto Christian mid…
HILTON HEAD ISLAND – Laurens Academy’s long winning streak in girls’ basketball, dating back to early in the 2017-18 season, came to an end as Hilton Head Christian defeated the Crusaders 38-18 on Saturday.
Trinity Baptist College of Jacksonville, Fla., provided the Presbyterian College men’s basketball team with a Saturday-afternoon mismatch.
HILTON HEAD ISLAND – Laurens Academy remained undefeated in girls’ basketball, doubling up Hilton Head Prep on Friday behind 10 points from Blair Quarles.
Laurens and J.L. Mann split Region 1-5A basketball games at LDHS on Friday night, with the boys winning 67-62 and the Patriots winning the girls’ game 72-50.
Wright defeated the Sanders girls 32-23 in Abbeville. Wright led wire-to-wire but Sanders pulled to within two points in the fourth quarter on three-pointers by Porsha Shumpert and Halie Cannon. Shumpert and Osaviona Swindler, each with seven points.
The South Carolina Golf Association Player of the Year and Senior Player of the Year program recognizes those competitors who had exceptional individual and team finishes throughout the competition year.
The Presbyterian College men’s basketball team hit a season-high 18 three-pointers and shot over 62 percent to run away with a 103-70 win over Virginia Military Institute in non-conference action Wednesday evening at Templeton Center.
Georgia Southern’s Amira Atwater stole a late inbound pass and sank the game-winning layup with five seconds remaining as the Eagles escaped with a 69-68 win over Presbyterian College on Wednesday night at Templeton Center.
Laurens District High’s wrestling program played a pair of matches at Belton-Honea Path High School on Tuesday, falling in a razor-thin match to the host Bears and defeating Walhalla.
Clinton High School home varsity basketball games scheduled for Wednesday night against Chapman have been postponed because the Inman school is still closed in the aftermath of Winter Storm Diego.
- Roundup: Laurens JV girls overwhelm Easley
- LDHS senior headed to the Ivy League
- Crusaders win big across the board
- Garbage collection schedules for Christmas holiday revised in Laurens and Clinton
- Arrest Report for December 17
- Young Raiders excel in JV/middle school wrestling competition
- Raiders fall in Fort Mill wrestling tournament
- First Day Hikes planned for New Year's at Musgrove Mill
- Arrest Report for December 13
- Arrest Report for December 12
- Arrest Report for December 14
- Arrest Report for December 15
- Arrest Report for December 11
- Arrest Report for December 16
- Boil Water Advisory extended by LCWSC
- Clinton High's Wofford takes a grand football coaching finale
- Arrest Report for December 17
- Christine 'Christy' Huckabee -- Laurens
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular videos.